10 Interesting Digital Marketing Statistics We've Seen This Week
XAD | 09 / 27 / 2013
Here are some of the most interesting digital marketing statistics we’ve seen this week.
Stats include social, bot traffic, mobile marketing, online privacy, web forms and digital adspend among online publishers.
For more digital marketing stats, check out our Internet Statistics Compendium.
Businesses are more likely to outsource display than PPC or social
- Only a third of businesses (32%) manage their display advertising exclusively in-house, compared to 44% for paid search and 52% for social.
- The data comes from a new Econsultancy and Adobe report that focuses on the use of paid-for digital channels, namely paid search, display advertising and social.
- The report found that display is the most likely to be managed exclusively by an agency with social the least likely to be outsourced.
Next profits boosted by online sales
- Fashion retailer Next this week announced some very positive results for the half year to July 2013, with 2.2% sales growth to £1.7bn.
- Online played a big part, with Next Directory sales growing by 8.3% to £597.6m, while profits were 13.4% higher at £156.1m.
Banks lead the way in mobile conversions
- Banking and finance has the highest level of mobile conversions of any category at 54%, according to new research from xAd.
- Based on a survey of 2,000 smartphone owners and user behaviour analysis of 6,000 Apple and Android users, the study also found that a mobile optimised site was crucial to driving conversions.
- Location is also seen as important, as a majority of users (62% of smartphone users and 52% of tablet users) expected businesses to be within five miles of their current location.
Click here to read the full list on Econsultancy.com